5 Tips for Starting an At Home Meditation Practice
Meditation has become mainstream in the west. Even though there is alot of chatter about mediation and all of its benefits many individuals I encounter are unsure how to start a meditation practice. The one thing I hear the most is "I cant quite my mind."
That image of sitting in complete silence for extended periods of time is what we all believe meditation to be. Don't get me wrong that is the goal but its called meditation "practice" for a reason. It takes practice to strengthen the muscle.
So how does a person start an at home mediation practice? I will give you 5 tips to get you started.
1. Create a space that is without distractions. This could be anywhere in your home or even outside.
2. Have a comfortable seat in your space. You could sit on the floor, in a chair or laying down on a yoga mat.
3. Find a short guided meditation. I suggest no more than 5 minutes. Remember we are just starting a meditation practice. I enjoy the Insight Timer app. Look me up if you are on the app 😊 YouTube and Calm are two other spaces to find meditations.
4. Put in ear buds if external sound is a distraction for you.
5. Relax and enjoy. Repeat daily slowly increasing time as you feel inclined too.
Happy Meditating! 🧘♀️